NatureCubsIreland delivers Group workshops for Scout Groups, Festivals, County Councils, Community Groups like Tidy Towns, Special Needs Groups, Business Team-Building events and Summer Projects.
Due to new Covid 19 restrictions, workshops can be conducted virtually via Zoom, or pre-recorded to be watched by Group participants in their own homes. Snippets of examples of NatureCubsIreland pre-recorded videos can be found at the NatureCubsIreland YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=naturecubsireland).
Subjects vary depending on the audience and its requirements.
Typical workshops for community groups like Tidy Towns and Residents’ Associations are:
- ‘Citizen Science; how do I get involved?’
- ‘All-Ireland Pollinator Plan and how to develop a nectar patch for pollinators’
- ‘Tidy towns Wildlife Category; how do we get started’
- ‘How to survey biodiversity in your neighbourhood’
- ‘Creating a habitat map and learning some basic wildlife recording skills’
- Dublin Bay Biosphere; what’s it all about?
- What’s in our local public park?
Typical workshops for Scout Groups, summer projects and festivals are:
- ‘Wildlife Detective; how to recognise wild animal tracks and trails’
- ‘Pond dipping’
- ‘Beach combing; what’s this on the beach?’
- ‘Bat talk and walk in our local park’
- Wildlife crafts
- Nature Trail of local area
Workshops can range from 1 hour to 3 hours long, depending on the need of the Group and whether they are virtual or in person. Participants are given a Resource Pack with practical information and links to resources.
We can tailor any workshop for special needs groups.
Previous Festivals and Community Groups
- Dublin City Festival of Curiosity 2019
- Dublin City Festival of Curiosity 2020 (virtual workshops)
- Fleadh Ceoil na hEireann 2019 (Wildlife Detective in local cemetary!)
- Hill of Tara Wild Child Event 2019
- Booterstown Youth Group 2019 (‘Plastic Pollution’ workshop and local Nature Trail)
- Culture Date with Dublin 8 2019
Please contact us to see how we can provide a workshop that meets your needs.